Dr. D. R. Thakur
Name: Dr. D R Thakur
Specialization:General Biodiversity and Entomology
General Biodiversity and Entomology
The focus of our laboratory is to understand the insect-plant interactions. Dealing with stored grain insect pests, a level of proficiency has been achieved in taxonomic studies, biology, bio-intensive and botanical management of stored products pests in general and pests of comestible legumes in particular. In consonance with lab to land interest, we have worked on four research projects and milestone findings pertaining to bio-controlling agents, bio-efficacy of botanicals and susceptibility and resistance of some precious cultivars of legumes have been procured and elucidated. The interest of zoology has taken us beyond the confined walls of the laboratory and therefore, enabled us to compile the faunal diversity of a Chandertal wetland, a Ramsar site of International importance in cold desert of north western Himalayas. Under the umbrella of lab to land interest we have complied the pioneer information on biodiversity, population dynamics and breeding status of Anatids from the high altitude Himalayan wetlands and engaged in Environmental Impact Assessing of Hydropower in the state of Himachal Pradesh along with our primary and foremost research area, eco-friendly insect pest management.
Personal Information : DOB: Dec. 04, 1968
Qualifications: M Sc., PhD (Zoology), DHE, BJMC, MJMC
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;
Contact No.: +91177 2833697 (O), +91177 2633048 (R)
Teaching and Research Experience: 23 years
Awards: National Science Day Award (1993) by Punjabi University, Patiala
North Zone Intel Science Talent Discovery Fair (2000) by National
Science Center & National Council of Science Museum New Delhi
Ist prize in National Conference (2005) by MPUAT, Udaipur, Rajasthan
Best paper award in National Seminar (2005) Chitrakoot, MP
Faculty Branding Award -2014, By Education Expo New Delhi
Address: Dept. of Biosciences, Himachal Pradesh University, Summerhill, Shimla,
Himachal Pradesh, India
Residence: #06, Block No. 2, Teachers Colony, Summerhill, HP
University Shimla, HP, India
Area of Research: General Biodiversity and Biology & Bio-intensive Management
of Stored grain insect pests.
Research Publications: 134
New & First record published- 13
Papers in Conferences: 51
Popular Articles: 09
PDF Guided: 02
Ph. D. guided: 7
M. Phil guided: 27
Research Projects completed:4
Research Project Ongoing:Nil
No. of Conferences/Workshops Organized:2
Conferences attended (National):39
Conferences attended (International):5
Selected Publications: (10)
1. Asheesh Mehta and D R Thakur (2017). Breeding of Anas strepera (Linnaeus, 1758) (Anatidae: Anseriformes) from Chandertal Wetland (an Internationally Known Ramsar Site in Trans Himalayan Ecosystem) - A New Record. European Journal of Zoological Research, 5 (1):36-39.
2. Jyotika Brari and D R Thakur (2017). Fumigation and repellent potential of four essential oils against major coleopteran pests of stored grain. International Journal of Advance in Agricultural Research, 5: 40-51.
3. Jyptika Brari and D R Thakur (2016). Insecticidal potential properties of citronellol derived ionic liquid against two major stored grain insect pests. Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies, 4(3): 365-370.
4. Jyotika Brari and D R Thakur (2015). Insecticidal efficacy of essential oil from Cinnamomum zeylanicum Blume and its two major constituents against Callosobruchus maculatus (F.) and Sitophilus oryzae (L.). Journal of Agricultural Technology, 11 (6): 1323-1336.
5. Renuka, D R Thakur, RK Sharma (2014). Bioefficacy of Bidens pilosa L. against Acanthoscelides obtectus (Say) and Zabrotes subfasciatus (Boheman), stored pests of kidney beans, worldwide. International Journal of Agriculture and Crop Sciences, 7 (15): 1470-1477.
6. Saruchi Sharma D R Thakur (2014). Biochemical Basis for Bruchid Resistance in Cowpea, Chickpea and Soybean Genotypes. American Journal of Food Technology, 9 (6) 318-324.
7. Anupam Sharma, Thakur D R, Sarika Kanwar and V.K. Chandla (2013). Diversity of entomopathogenic bacteria associated with the white grub, Brahmina coriacea, J. Pest Sci., 86: 261-273.
8. Thakur D R (2012). TAXONOMY, DISTRIBUTION AND PEST STATUS OF INDIAN BIOTYPES OF ACANTHOSCELIDES OBTECTUS (SAY) (COLEOPTERA: CHRYSOMELIDAE) - A NEW RECORD. Pakistan Journal of Zoology, 44 (1), 189-195, 2012.
9. D R Thakur (2012). BIOLOGY OF CALLOSOBRUCHUS THEOBROMAE (L.) (COLEOPTERA: BRUCHIDAE), A SEED PEST OF EDIBLE LEGUMES. IOBC-WPRS Bulletin, 81: 47-56.
10. Thakur D R (2006). Uscana femoralis, an egg endoparasitoid for biocontrol of Callosobruchus theobromae (Bruchidae: Coleoptera). Polish J. Ento., 75, 3-9.