1. Overdue Charges
For Members of all the Categories:
- At the rate of Rs.2.00 (Rupees Two only) per day per volume.
- The amount of overdue charges may be remitted or reduced by the Librarian.
- The amount of replacement cost of a book or any other charges in this behalf will be deposited at the circulation counter against receipt.
2. Loss of Library Pass Book-cum-identity Card.
- The loss of Library pass book-cum-identity card should be reported immediately in writing to the Librarian with the copy of F.I.R. lodged with police station to enable such member to continue the membership. Duplicate Library Pass Book-cum-identity card would be issued on payment of Rs.200/- (two hundred only) after expiry of one month from the date of reporting the loss to the librarian.
- Borrowers shall be responsible for any loss which the library may suffer through the loss or misuse of their library pass book-cum-identity card. Person/member who makes use of Library Pass Book-cum-identity card declared as lost would be fined to Rs.500/- (five hundred only). Despite taking all the precautions against misuse of the Library pass Book-cum-identity card, if the library suffers any loss the same would be written off by the competent authority.
- The mutilation or misuse of Library Pas Book-cum-identity card e.g. by the converting that as a personal Diary, member have to pay a fine of Rs.200/- (Two hundred only).
- Triplicate (after loss of duplicate Library Pass Book-cum-identity Card) Library pass book-cum-identity card will be issued on the payment of Rs.500/- (five hundred only).
3. Loss/Mutilation of Books:
- In case of damage or loss of a book, the member shall be required to replace the book or pay five time of the original cost of the book, plus postal and other incidental charges to be incurred in procuring the book, if such a book is gift/out of print its price is not known, the price to be charged will be determined by the librarian in consultation with the Vice-Chancellor.
- Rs.30/-(Thirty only) be charged as postal and incidental charges to be incurred in procuring the Book.
- For a serious mutilation a fine of upto Rs.200/- (Two hundred only) may also be imposed by the librarian.
- If a volume of a set/series is mutilated or lost and a new volume is not separately available the member concerned shall be liable to replace the whole set/series or pay the replacement cost of the same. The other volume of the set/ series will be given to the member after replacing or paying the cost of the whole set.
4. Issue of Clearance Certificate:
- A member will obtain a Clearance Certificate from the university library after returning all the books issued, surrendering the library Pass Book-Cum-Identity card. Pay Rs.200/- (Two Hundred only) in case of its loss and after paying outstanding dues, on the expiry of membership of termination connection with the library of the parent institution, as the case may be.
- The head/chairperson of the department will issue Roll No. to the students member appearing in II, IV and (VI in case of law) Semester Examination after the they produce a clearance Certificate from the library. The head/ chairperson of the department will also inform the library of the names of those students members who leave their studies in mid-session and their library Security/Detailed marks card will be released/issued by him to them only after they produce the clearance certificate from the library.