- The students are selected based on merit drawn on the basis of the last qualifying examination;
- The students must have secured percentage of marks in the qualifying examinations as prescribed for the course/examination for which free coaching is being imparted under the scheme;
- Only students belonging to SCs/ and OBCs having total family income of ` 3.00 lakh per annum and STs having total family income of ` 2.50 lakh per annum will be eligible under the scheme;
- Benefits of free coaching under the scheme can be availed by a particular student not more than two times, irrespective of the number of chances; he/she may be entitled to in a particular competitive examination. An affidavit/undertaking that they have not taken benefits more than twice under this scheme shall have to be submitted by the student to PECC on his/her admission in any course of coaching.
- Where examination is conducted in two stages viz. Preliminary and Main, the SC/ST and OBC candidates will be entitled for free coaching for both the examinations. However, coaching for the Main examination will be available only to those candidates who have cleared the preliminary examination; and
- The selected students shall have to attend all classes. In the event of any student remaining absent for more than 15 days, without any valid reason, benefits of free coaching to him/her shall be discontinued and another students shall be taken in his/her place.
Selection of Candidates
The PECC issues an advertisement before the commencement of each course in the local newspapers with a view to give wider publicity in the interest of general public, and invite applications from the eligible SC/ST/OBC and Minorities candidates as per provisions of the scheme. Thereafter, the selection of candidates will be made by the PECC on the basis of the merit and as per the terms and conditions laid down by the Ministry under the Scheme and the provisions laid down by the institute for the purpose from time to time. The list of the selected candidates is displayed in the Notice Board of the Institute and also in the official Website of Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla. The selected candidates are required to fill an admission form by them and have to submit the necessary documents, latest photographs and Fees, if any, in PECC office in person.
No coaching fee will be charged from the candidates belonging SC/ST/OBC candidates. However, on the pattern of Central sponsored scheme to help the poor candidate a stipend will be given to those students who are admitted under SC/ST/OBC categories who attend at least 75 % of the classes and fulfil the income criteria. The amount of stipend admissible to the admitted students is as follows;
Stipend per course per month for outstation candidates
Stipend per course per month for local candidates
@ Rs. 3000 per month.
@ Rs. 1500 per month.
Note: The stipend will be paid only after receipt of the grant-in-aid/financial assistance from the funding agencies of State Govt/Govt. of India and to the candidates who fulfil the minimum attendance condition of 75% lectures. The stipend is paid by PECC through cheque / RTGS.
Infrastructure facilities: The PECC is presently housed in its own building having four class rooms, a library and well versed administrative staff. The institution has a facility of Photocopier, phone and fax. The copies of relevant study martial are also provided to the student free of cost by the PECC during the course. The PECC is in the process of making functional the Hostel accommodation for SC/ST/OBC candidates coming from distant places for coaching in near future.