Dr. Shyam Chand
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE : 13 years
Area of Research
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PHYSICS
UIIT, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
- Coordinator of UIIT Entrance Exam since 2006 till date.
- Member of Key Moderation Committee for Physics in CPMT, BAMS, UIIT and Nursing Entrance Exams from 2006 onwards.
- Coordinator, Pre-Examination Coaching Centre (Engineering Entrance Tests), H. P. University Shimla.
- Executive Member of HPU Information & Communication Technology Club
- Ph.D. (Physics), 2010, HPU, Shimla.
- NET + JRF UGC-CSIR (Dec. 2000).
- M. Sc. (Physics), 2000, Himachal PradeshU. Shimla. First Division.
- B.Sc. (NM), 1998, Himachal PradeshU. Shimla. First Division.
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Nanotechnology (Nanoscale transport)
- Quantum Computing
Total no. of International and National Research Papers Published: 10
- Frontiers in Physics, IIT Roorkee-2003 (Roorkee).
- National conference on Materials &their Applications (NCMA-2004) KU - March-2004 (Kurukshetra).
- Solid State Physics Symp-2005, BARC Dec- 2005 (GNDU, Amritsar).
- STS on all Solid State Lasers, IIT(AICTE)-Jan 2006 (IIT-Kanpur).
- Work shop on Energy Conservation and Energy Efficiency, Bureau of Energy Efficiency/ Word Bank, Jan-2007 (Shimla).
- IAPT Conversion & Symposium, HP University,Shimla, Oct-2007.
- School on Mesoscopic Nano System, HRI, Jan-2008 (Allahbad).
- National Mission on Education through ICT, HRD, Govt of India, Sept-2009 (HPU).
- Choice based and Credit based system for Assessment & Evaluation, Shimla, Nov-2011.
- Emerging Trends in Information Technology in University Management AIU- UIIT-HPU – Shimla, Apr 2012.