Optical Fiber Network
Dr. Dhirendra Sharma
Associate Professor (Programming) and Incharge- Training and Placements
University Institute of Information Technology,
Himachal Pradesh University
Incharge : Campus Wide Optical Fibre Networking and Wi-Fi,Himachal Pradesh University
Phone No : 0177- 2833681, 0177- 2833460
Wi-Fi Control Room Help-line No: 0177-2833460
Introduction Campus Network- Wi-Fi
In the year 2007 Oct Phase I
- Connectivity Provided to 20 Buildings during Phase I 42 No- Layer II Switches
- 3 No - Layer III switches
- One Core Switch (Multilayer)
- 2.5 KM OFC
- UTM (Unified Threat Management)
- All the officers, teachers, staff, class rooms are provided with Internet
- Total I/O in the Campus- 805
2016- March Phase II
- Funding: 75% MHRD and 25% University.
- Firewall- 1 NO.
- L3 Switch – 1 No.
- L2 Switch- 31 no.
- OFC 8 KM.
- 401 I/O (Points)
- Another 19 Buildings (in campus and Hostels) got connected with the Optical Fiber Cable.
- As on date - Total 39 Buildings including Hostels are connected with OFC.
September 2017 Wi-Fi (Grant provided by RUSA)
- Secured Wi-Fi project deployed in the campus of H.P.University, Shimla
- Wi-Fi Facility available in the Campus, Hostels including library Building.
- Officers, Staff, Teachers, Research Students are already using this facility on their i.e Cell phones/ laptops/Machines, etc.
|Hon'ble Vice-Chancellor office|
|Dean Planning and Teachers Matters|
|Near Security Office|
|Gargi hostel (Out Door)|
|Library ( One Out Door & 3 Indoor)|
|CD Hostel (Out Door)|
|SBS Hostel (Out Door)|
List of Staff Associated with Network office
|1.||Ayush Sen||Junior Office Assistant (I.T)|
|1.||Pankaj Kumar||Network Engineer|
|2.||Gaurav Sharma||Network Engineer|
|3.||Tarun Kumar Singh||Network Engineer|