Director International Students Welfare
The office of the Director International Students Welfare is located in the Students Centre (Third Floor), Himachal Pradesh University, Summer-Hill, Shimla-171005. The Director International Students’ Welfare maintains close liason with the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) in regard to their programs for the International Students. The Director also maintains liason with Chairpersons/Directors of teaching departments/Institutes in the State of Himachal Pradesh with regard to the welfare of International students.
- The office of the Director of International Students helps international students in organizing their cultural functions/sports activities etc. It organizes various activities such as educational trips, Orientation-cum-Cultural exposure Programme, skill development workshop and various other social functions etc.
- The students who require expenditure certificate/Joining report or assistance with their remittances are advised to contact the office of the Director International Students’ Welfare.
- The office Director International Students’ Welfare lays down guidelines for admission of International Students to all the departments/institutions affiliated to the Himachal Pradesh University and maintains record/particular/verification of each student.
- The International students can approach this office for advice and assistance in finding suitable hostel or residential accomodation at Shimla for Indian Council for Cultural Relations sponsored and other international students.
- The students wishing to join any of the University teaching Departments/Institutes affiliated to the Himachal Pradesh University for the first time have to pay one time eligibility fee of US$ 250 in addition to the other compulsory fee shown in the Handbook of Information
- The University has created 10 supernumerary seats in each teaching department for the admission of the foreign students. The foreign students can take admissions for Under Graduate, Post Graduate Degree M.Phil and Ph.D in various courses of studies in various teaching faculties Social Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Commerce & Management, Languages, Law, performing and Visual Arts and for various Diploma courses.
- The foreign students are admitted in various courses sponsored by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations under special scholarship scheme to foreign students.
- The foreign students are also admitted directly.
- The eligibility for admissions of foreign students is to be decided by the departmental council of the concerned department. The age limit for the admissions of the foreign students shall be as per the decision of the University from time to time, presently the age limit has been relaxed for the foreign students.
- The entrance test has been exempted for the foreign students for admission, however they have to appear before the Department Coucil for counselling.
- The foreign students have to submit their joining report in the office of the Director International Students Welfare through the Chairperson of the concerned department which will be forwarded to the ICCR and thereafter the scholar will be granted scholarship and maintainence allowance.
- The foreign students have to submit their Visa and Passport in the office of the Director International Students Welfare for police verification within 14 days of the arrival of the scholar in the University.
Every year foreign students are admitted to various programmes of study under the following categories.
Self Financing Scheme
- Through Counselling held in concerned department.
- All foreign students present in India will be required to appear before the Department Council for counselling subject to their fulfilling minimum eligibility requirement as prescribed for Indain Students subject of equivalence of their qualification and production of student visa and passport. Application forms together with prospectus can be obtained from the office of the Dean of Studies or the concerned department or online from the Univeristy website www.hpuniv.nic.in
Under the Cultural Exchange Fellowship Programme of Govt. of India. The students seeking admission under the Cultural Exchange Fellowdship Programme of Government of India are required to approach the Indian Council for Cultural Relations, New Delhi or the Regional office of ICCR situated at Chandigarh. The ICCR will sponsor the applicants and after wards the Council will be intimated about the ation of the admission of the foreign students.
In event of their selection, candidates will be informed about their selection and their admission will be subject to the following conditions.
- Equivalence of their qualifications as prescribed by the University for various programmes of study.Production of Student-Visa/passport in accordance with the revised visa policy of Government of India as also a xerox copy of their passport together with the original documents for verification.
Certificates and Documents Required to be submitted by Candidates alongwith Application Form for Admission to Various Programmes of Study
- Duly self attestted copies of Senior School Certificate/Bachelor’s Degree, Master Degree etc.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from a foreign University should submit at the relevant information/documents which may justify the equivalence of their qualificatins.
- Mark-sheets/Degrees in a language other than English should be got translated into English language and a copy of the same duly attested be attached.
- A charactar Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Details of Bank account.
- Copy of passport.
Fee Structure Click Here (file not found)
Director International Students Welfare
Contact No. 0177-2830926 (O)